Wednesday 8 April 2015

ARC REVIEW: A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES by Sarah J. Maas.

A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES by Sarah J. Maas. 






Summary: When nineteen-year-old huntress Feyre kills a wolf in the woods, a beast-like creature arrives to demand retribution for it. Dragged to a treacherous magical land she only knows about from legends, Feyre discovers that her captor is not an animal, but Tamlin—one of the lethal, immortal faeries who once ruled their world.


As she dwells on his estate, her feelings for Tamlin transform from icy hostility into a fiery passion that burns through every lie and warning she's been told about the beautiful, dangerous world of the Fae. But an ancient, wicked shadow grows over the faerie lands, and Feyre must find a way to stop it . . . or doom Tamlin—and his world—forever.

Title: A Court of Thorns and Roses
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Published: May 5th, 2015
Rating: It owns my entire heart.




When I first read this book, I had no idea just how dear it would become to me. I think you can see from my older review (below) that I knew it was special. But almost a year later? It is my heart. 

2015 was a bad year for me. A very bad year. Period. I was plagued by crippling anxiety and truly crushing depression. Things had never been so bad. ACOTAR became something that I began to lean on, read when things were particularly bad. It remains to this day one of the books I've read the most in my life (along with Harry Potter, etc.) And it's certainly one of the books that has affected me the most. In a very good way. And to think that I left the ARC sitting on my Kindle from the end of January until early March 2015. Shameful. Just shameful. String me up by my toes!

ACOTAR is a book that everyone should read. It's a book that carries the message: even when things seem at their most hopeless and dark, there is still hope. But you have to fight for it. And it was this message that helped me fight through my own darkness. Feyre is a character that resonates with me in a way no other character ever has. 

I doubt anyone will actually read this review. Maybe that's a good thing. I'm an emotional ACOTAR mess. Annnnnnnd everyone knows it. How many times have I read it now? Even I have lost track. I've read it so many times that it's started to become an online joke. And I hate rereading. Sometimes I find myself shunning my TBR list in favour of this baby instead. No regrets at all. 
To say that I am excited about ACOMAF would be an understatement. And how terrified I am! After that first book... how. HOW do you surpass that?! I want this book in my hands right now, but I also want it to never come out. You feel me? Dang... That stunning cover though...





I am so very proud and happy to promote and support Sarah like I do. What an amazingly talented lady. Truly I cannot wait to see what she has in store for us in the future. 
And I will stop there. Read this book and it will consume your soul. Yup. And if any of you even think about claiming Lucien, I'll pull off your fingers with a set of rusty pliers and ram them down your throat. Along with the pliers. <3

Also, you can catch my exclusive interview with the characters themselves early next month!


Until next time,


* OLD REVIEW *


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A hundred stars? A thousand? A million? Try the entire cosmos.

This is not the book you WANT, this is the book you NEED. 
A retelling of Beauty and the Beast mixed with a heady blend of New Adult and high fantasy, this is unlike anything you have ever read. Set in a rich world called Prythian, you will be intoxicated by the imagery, the characters that stay with you well after you've finished the book, and that one killer story line. Also, my cheeks are still rosy from the heat this book gave off. Goodness.
Feyre is the heroine you have been waiting your whole life for. Badass in the extreme, you will fall in love with her. She is a breath of fresh air in the same way Celaena was. Her story is going to be a breathtaking one. ESPECIALLY AFTER THAT ENDING.
Tamlin... where do I begin? *swoons intensely* Y'know what? I won't say anything about Tamlin. Words do not simply do him justice. I'll let you read him and discover for yourself what a gorgeous hunk of fae that guy is. 
We also can't forget the amazing, fantastic  Lucien and Rhysand (well, when I don't want to kill Rhysand!) You will find more than one new book boyfriend in this book, I assure you. I don't know what they feed the citizens of Prythian to make them so perfect, but I want in!

I want to tattoo this book upon my soul it's so amazing. If you didn't think Sarah could write anything better than the world of Throne of Glass, prepared to be blown away. I started this book feeling weary myself, but my fears amounted to nothing. 

5th of May this book is out. Mark that date.

So now I'm waiting for the sequel like this
HAHAHAHA!!! Rapunzel's expression is priceless!!!!! <---- Velociraptor mode: ENGAGED << THIS OH MY GOSH


Go and preorder this book. Like... NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment